Posted on May 29, 2008 | Comments 14
Palm trees are the most popular trees which will be seen in many gardens all over the world.
There are several species in palm trees, some of them are considered as the fast growing trees.
These particular species will grow faster when compared to others and the trunk of it will become taller.
If you select such type of species, then you can get tall line of trees within short period of time.
Different types of palm trees:
- The king palms
- Queen palms
- Majesty palms
- Royal palms
- Fish tail palms
- King kong or black trunk palms
The nature of these palm trees are explained as follows:
The king palms:
- These king palms will grow quickly and they will be the best choice of yours, if you want a canopy of trees.
- Plenty of water and rich soil with sample nutrients are essential for the growth of this palm.
- If good care is provided for this palm, it can grow up to twenty five feet with in ten years.
- The maximum height of this palm tree is forty feet and they grow faster in the full sun.
- These are the most common species which can be seen more.
- The growth of this is also fast, it can grow up to twenty five feet in seven to ten years.
- At the maturity level, the maximum height of this palm tree is sixty feet.
- Plenty of water and good soil is required for these queen palms.
- They will be hardy in the colder weather.
- These are the fast growing palm trees.
- They can grow up to ten feet in ten years. Then can reach to the height of thirty five feet with in the period of twenty years.
- This palm tree requires lots of water and the soil should be rich in magnesium.
- These majesties will not do well when they are nearer to ocean because too much salt will be present in the air, but they can do well in the sun.
- These are the moderately fast growing palms and if good care is provided for them they can go up to twenty feet in ten years.
- This palm tree needs plenty of sun, soil which is rich in nutrients and sufficient water.
- Fat trunk will be grown at the base and then they grow taller.
- This particular species will not do well when the temperature is less than twenty six degrees Fahrenheit.
Fish tail palms:
- These are common and fast growing species and they can reach thirty feet tall in seven years.
- They can grow up to 60 feet height at the maturity level.
- Rich soil and plenty of water is required for this palm tree.
- The diameter of truck is twenty four inches.
King kong or black trunk palms:
- These are the fast growing trees and they get wide before they grow tall.
- These palm trees will grow up to eighty feet tall and looks large with horizontal leaves.
- In terms of trunk diameter this is one of the wider species.
You can select different types of palm trees for your garden.
Posted in: FRUIT GARDEN